In today’s always-connected world, businesses need to be available to customers, 24/7/365. This is non-negotiable. Enter Zerto. By providing Resilience for Evolving IT™, Zerto ensures enterprises always have access to business-critical data and applications regardless of any IT interruption, downtime or delay. Zerto’s award-winning Cloud Continuity Platform™—protecting thousands of enterprises worldwide —is the simplest, most reliable BC/DR software solution built to protect applications on any virtualized IT environment, be it public, private or hybrid cloud. Zerto’s fast-moving, creative and supportive work culture fosters innovation and hard work centered around an atmosphere of fun and togetherness.
Zerto’s leaders work tirelessly at creating a work space where people love coming to every day. We work in an entrepreneurial, creative, and collaborative environment. If you have a passion for pushing your own limits and are eager to have impact on a winning team, you might be the person we are looking for. Are you feeling Zertonian?
Why work with our group
Team members resolve prospective customers’ technical questions through diligent presentation, evaluation, and troubleshooting by leveraging their experience with virtualization, networking, and storage best practices. The Sales Engineering team works closely with our engineering, sales, and product management teams to ensure that Zerto is delivering overall superior service and support to both our clients as well as prospective customers. Zerto Sales Engineering team members are the “best of the best” presenting our business-critical, virtual BC/DR offerings.
Zerto is at a very exciting time in the company development. This creates a dynamic and fun work environment. As a small and agile start-up, employees have the unique opportunity part of a team building the company from its early stage to becoming a great company. Zerto offers the opportunity to work with exceptional individuals as part of a hot and promising start-up, backed by tier-1 VC funds.
Zerto is offering an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus, equity participation and benefits to attract and retain individuals of the highest caliber.
As a member of our Zerto Sales Engineering team, you will provide technical support to qualified prospects who are working to evaluate and potentially deploy Zerto solutions and related tools.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Deliver the Zerto message and vision including technical architecture presentations and product demonstrations to prospective customers and partners
- Conduct remote calls and face-to-face meetings to discuss prospective business and technical fit with Zerto software products
- Establish relationships as a trusted technical adviser with customers, prospective customers, partners, and potential partners
- Provide technical guidance and support of sales efforts to drive team-based selling with aligned account executives
- Guide prospective customers through installation of proof of concept solutions, working with customers and the account executive to ensure that the customer purchases the software following the POC
- Evangelize Zerto solutions at local, regional, and national events and trade shows such as VMUGs, VMworld, Microsoft TechEd, Amazon re:Invent, and others
- Working with aligned account executives, regional channel management, and other members of management team, drive partner onboarding and enablement in the region to develop strong and deep strategic relationships with Value-Added Resellers (VARs), Distributors, Managed Services Providers (MSPs), and other partners and channel community members
- Support pre & post sales issues including but not limited to:
- Validating and supporting agreed upon ‘proof of concept’ with prospect
- Providing written & oral instruction on the usage of the products
- Recommending best practices for different customer environments
- Supporting/training Partners and customers
- Interact with Development and Engineering to ensure the product fills customer requirements and communicate these requirements and findings to the Product Management team
- Provide feedback to Development around customer requirements and long term BC/DR goals
- Evangelize Zerto solutions online through social media
What you’ll Bring:
- 10 – 15 years experience in technology industry
- 3 - 5 Years in comparable Pre-Sales Engineer role
- 50% travel across assigned region
- Valid passport
- Experience with hypervisor based products/infrastructure (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM, etc)
- Experience with public clouds (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Understanding of storage concepts, architecture and storage platforms (e.g. SAN/NAS/DAS)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to explain technical solutions and concepts to non-technical people
- Good practical understanding of datacenter architecture
- BA/BS, preferably in a Computer related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server environments (Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003), plus x86 platforms, devices, and networking
- Willingness to travel throughout the US
Highly Preferred Skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or other major CRM
- Knowledge or familiarity of real-life IT environments
- Experience in administration of SAN environments
- Technical certifications (VCP, MCSE, CCNA, etc.)
- Experience with operation and administration of Windows Server 2012 and/or Windows Server 2008 systems
- Practical experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, or Oracle database technologies
- Strong Linux or UNIX administration skills & familiarity with the installation and configuration of Linux or UNIX operating systems & setup and operation of TCP/IP networking on Linux or UNIX systems
- Enterprise-level administration, recovery, and configuration of IT environments
- Ability to test and setup customer-like computing environments for demo/troubleshooting purposes
- Understanding of computer and networking hardware
- Network routing, configuration, etc.
Benefits & Perks (and other reasons Zertonians get out of bed everyday):
We show you the money
- 401k match
- 4+ weeks of PTO
- Generous bonus program
- Flexible schedules (cause life happens)
Health, Vision and Dental Coverage (countless options, heavily subsidized)